Director in Charge DR.S.M.Hurakadli
Phone No : (Office) 0831-2565208, 2565219,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The College Development Council (CDC) shall be an authority of the University and function as academic guide for the integrated development of affiliated colleges. In consultation with the University the CDC shall take all such steps as it may think fit for the promotion, Co ordination and elevating the Standards of education in colleges. It serves as a link between the UGC, the AICTE, the NCTE, the Higher Education Department and Karnataka State Higher Education Council and affiliated Colleges.
Functions of CDC
• The CDC shall act as a focal point for the integrated development of affiliated colleges in the University.
• The CDC, subjected to the fulfillment of defined conditions shall accords permission/affiliation to run a college.
• Every year CDC invites applications from colleges for affiliation and organizes inspections to colleges for extending the temporary affiliation from time to time or permanent affiliation.
• Based on the permission and after verification of the basic infrastructure viz, laboratories, faculty, Library and other basic amenities the CDC accords affiliation to the colleges to run the courses.
• The Council helps in the all round development of the colleges subject to the commitment of the management in abiding to the rules and regulations from time to time.
• Review the inspecting reports of the colleges and suggest remedies for the defects and irregularities registered.
• CDC keep close contact with the colleges and help them in sustained development of academic and student amenities in the colleges, proper Utilization of grants and effective implementation of UGC projects and reforms to make them more relevant and significant keeping in mind not only to students, but also to the region by assessing social transformation and regional development.
• Review the facilities in PG departments of college in terms of the norms prescribed by the UGC and assist those having potential of coming up to the norms.
• Evaluate and assess the impact of grants of UGC etc utilized by the colleges for the implementation of various projects.
• Ensure that the grants released from UGC to the colleges are properly and wisely utilized for the purpose and furnish to the UGC or such funding agency Utilization Certificates and completing documents in respect of grants released and help in maintaining the UGC and other programs implemented by the affiliated colleges.
• Ensure close and continued contact and interaction between the academic faculties of the University teaching departments and the colleges.
• To help colleges in formulating proposals for development grants from UGC.
• To encourage college teachers to undertake Ph.D and M.Phil programs and avail the UGC assistance and as well to apply for Minor Research and Major Research Projects.
• Perform such other functions as may be prescribed or as may be deemed necessary by the Universities for advancing the cause of collegiate education incidental or conducive in discharge of the above functions.