Department of Studies in Social Work is one of the prominent departments under the aegis of School of Social Sciences. It was started in the year 2006 as part of Kittur Rani Channamma PG Centre, affiliated to Karnatak University, Dharwad and has been growing from strength to strength after the up-gradation of the erstwhile PG Centre into Rani Channamma University, Belagavi in the year 2010. The Department has been offering Masters in Social Work (MSW) course right from its inception and PhD in Social Work from the year 2015.
Vision & Mission:
The Vision of the Department is to be a centre of academic excellence by synthesizing teaching, learning, research, and community engagement initiatives in the emerging areas of Professional Social Work aimed at promotion of human rights, social justice and societal wellness.
The Mission of the Department is to:
- Evolve best practices in the relevant areas of Social Work Education;
- Develop cutting-edge, collaborative Social Work Research;
- Undertake need-based, quality publication, extension and consultancy services; and
- Partner with progressive individuals and institutions to ensure sustainable, just, equitable and humane development.
- To impart quality social work education through a participatory pedagogical strategy that combines classroom learning with equally productive fieldwork practicum.
- To conceptualise and conduct interdisciplinary research, in partnership with various stakeholders, to produce socially significant knowledge.
- To document, analyse and disseminate socially relevant knowledge through appropriate media so that social consciousness is created and raised to nobler levels.
- To design and execute extension programs oriented towards social justice, human rights and sustainable development in order to inculcate leadership qualities in the students and to make them contribute innovatively to socially productive work.
- • To be recognized as a consultancy centre by the Governmental and Non-governmental agencies to design and carry out their projects and plans in the most professional manner.
Department of Social Work of Rani Channamma University, Belagavi strives to practice and promote integrity, equity, dignity, respect, service, and commitment to social justice.
Sl No. Name Of The Facaulty Photo Of The Facaulty Designation Email Adress 01 Dr. Ashok Antony D'Souza
Associate Professor & Chairman
email@example.com 02 Dr. Gangadhar B Sonar Assistant Professor & Local Head(P.G Centre, Vijayapur) firstname.lastname@example.org 03 Mr.Siddalingeshwar S Bidaralli Assistant Professor email@example.com 04 Mr.Santosh L Patil Assistant Professor Santoshpatil639@gmail.com 05 Dr.Chandrashekhar C Banasode Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org 06 Mr.Chidanand U Dhavaleshwar Assistant Professor email@example.com 07 Smt.Devata D Gasti Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. B. Sonar has successfully completed a UGC sponsored Major Research Project.
- Dr. Ashok D’Souza has completed two Major Research Projects and two Minor Projects as their Co-Investigator.
- Most of the faculty have applied for Research Projects to agencies like ICSSR and are awaiting the results.
- All the faculty have been conducting research and publishing the results in reputed professional journals.
- All the students carry out guided Research Project in their area of specialization.
- Department hopes to make available its consultancy services to various organizations in the development sector in carrying out action research and evaluative studies so that they are able to achieve greater effectiveness and efficacy in their service delivery.
Innovative Intiatives of the Department:
- “Drushti”: Wall-Magazine of the Department
- “Sanchalana”: Counselling and Guidance Cell
- “Astitva”: Vibrant Social Work Alumni Association
- Collaborations with reputed development organizations such as PeoplePro Trainers and Consultants Pvt. Ltd., Navya Disha Trust, JNMC and BIMS for training the students and organizing extension activities for societal development
- Community Development Initiatives in Bambarge Panchayat
- Collaborations with Institutes/Agencies in the Developmental, Corporate and Health sector for Practical Exposure, Workshops and Job Placements to students
- Teaching and learning through Extension Activities
- Numerous Special Lectures, Workshops and Seminars arranged through ‘Social Work Association’
Glimps of the Activities / Programmes of the Department:
MSW students interacting with renowned Ghandian and Social Activist Shri. Anna Hazare during their Study Tour.
Extension Programme on “Sustainable Agricultural Practices” organized in collaboration with DAC, ARS, Nippani at Hosur village, Bambarga Gram Panchayat.
State Level Workshop on “Women and Child Trafficking in Karnataka: Prevention, Rescue and Rehabilitation”
Extension Programme under “Swach Bharat Ahiyaan” organized in collaboration with Bambarga Gram Panchayat.
Extension Programmes through “Social Work Camp” at Bombarga Gram Panchayath.