Before the Rani Channamma University came into being in 2010, Karnatak University KRCPG Centre of Karnatak University, Dharwad was functioning at Belagavi. The said Karnatak University PG Centre was established at Belagavi in the year 1982, to provide an opportunity to develop access to the students for higher education hailing from North Karnataka Region. In the year 1994 the PG centre was shifted to the present campus of 172 acres of land located at Bhutramanahatti adjacent to the Pune-Bangalore National Highway – 4 at a distance of about 18 kms from Belgaum city. Karnatak University PG Centre has been declared as Rani Channamma University in the month of July, 2010 with the jurisdiction of Belagavi, Bijapur, and Bagalkot districts. It is catering to the needs of the people of North Karnataka by providing excellent opportunities for higher education.
Academic Programmes :
At present, the Rani Channamma University is offering 9 PG courses at Vidyasangam Campus Belagavi, in the school of Arts, Science, Education, Social Science, Commerce and Management. It is also offering M.Phil and Ph. D programmes. The courses in Social Science include Economics, Sociology, Social Work and in Arts includes Kannada and Marathi. In Science the university offers M.Sc in Mathematics,physics and chemistry and in Applied it offers Geography and Library and information science. School of Business and Economics offers Master’s Degree in Commerce and Management. School of Criminolgy and Criminal Justices offers UG and PG Programmes.It is also offering PG Diploma Course in Computer Application. At present, there are 500 students studying in the various PG departments. So far more than 100 students have been awarded M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees. Fifty two students have cleared the NET and SLET.
- Academic building, Administrative Block, Boys’ Hostel and 13 Staff Quarters.
- Broad- band internet facility of 2 mbps.
- 24hrs electricity supply for the University.
- Conference and Gymkhana Hall.
- Computer Lab with adequate numbers of PCs.
- Computer Lab for examination section with adequate PCs, one heavy duty printer, and one 3-in-1 printer.
- Furnished offices with Computers for Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Registrar (Evaluation), Finance Officer, Director, College Development Council and Director PG Programmes.
- Library facilities.
Books – 22034
Journals - 10
Newspapers – 13.
Other Facilities :
- Health Centre with one visiting Doctor.
- Syndicate Bank.
- Post Office