Belgaum is one of the border districts of Karnataka and has its own unique cultural and historical heritage in the history of Karnataka. The district is known among many other things for its private capital intense educational institutions and one traditional University, Rani Channamma University. Being a part of the established and second oldest Karnatak University, this University was carved out in the year 2011-12. Within a span of 4 years of taking over as the Honorable Vice-Chancellor Dr.B.R.Ananthan gave a fillip to the University by establishing many departments and school system. Of the many departments established in the first instance the department of political science is one of the largest with six faculty members. Established in the year 2011-12, the Department of Political Science has responded to Liberalization, privatization and globalization in the field of education in general and political science in particular.
E-Governance, Human Rights, and Political process, Environmental Issues, Role of Governance at local , national and global levels.
The Vision :
To create in the young minds scientific orientation towards public affairs, so as to develop their character, ensuring their commitment and concern for each other in society encouraging service orientation which will help them to blossom into responsible citizens who can guide civil society and strengthen democracy of India. Contributing to the field of knowledge through curriculum, research on contemporary issues of society, culture and politics. To inculcate democratic and secular values and leadership qualities so that the young minds will grow into good citizens, capable of accepting responsibility for nation building and overall development of the society. The department of political science has been striving hard to create good citizens with commitment in promoting the well being of society as a whole in globalized world.
Name Prof. Chandrakant D.Shivakeri
Qualification MA, M.Phil, LL.B.(Spl), Ph.D Experience 18 years (UG- 16 Years and PG – 02) Field of Specialization Indian Government and Politics,
(Public Administration, Political Thinker)
Ph.D. Guidance 05 awarded Ph.D.
05 (Presently pursuing)
Publications Books - 07 Research Articles- E-Mail Id firstname.lastname@example.org
Name Dr.Y.S. Balvanthgol
Associate Professor & Chairman
Qualification MA (Pol. Sc.), MA (English), M.Phil., Ph.D Experience 15 years Field of Specialization International relations, Public
(Administration, Government and Politics)
Ph.D. Guidance 06 ( Presently pursuing) Publications Books - 15, Research Articles – 05 E-Mail Id email@example.com
Name Smt.(Dr).Kamalaxi G.Tadasad
Qualification MA. Ph.D. Political science Experience 13 years( UG- 08 & PG – 05) Field of Specialization Human Rights, Public Administration,
Government and Politics
Ph.D. Guidance 06 Ph.D. (Presently guiding) Publications Books - 02 Research Articles -25 E-Mail Id firstname.lastname@example.org
Name Dr. Ramesh M. N.
Qualification MA, M.Phil, PGDAM, Ph.D. Experience 11 years Field of Specialization Constitution of India,
Public Administration and International
Ph.D. Guidance Publications Books - 05 Research Articles -16 E-Mail Id email@example.com
Name Dr. Prakash S. Kattimani
Qualification MA, Ph.D. NET JRF Experience 02 years Field of Specialization Movements Ph.D. Guidance Publications Research Articles -14 E-Mail Id firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualification MA, (Ph.D.) Experience 05 years Field of Specialization E- Governance & Indian Politics Ph.D. Guidance Publications Research Articles -06 E-Mail Id email@example.com
Presently working in Veer Sangolli Rayanna Degree College Belagavi.(University Constituent college).
M.A. in Political Science
Intake: 2011-12 - 40
2013-14 - 60 - 64 (Boys- 20, Girls-24)
Result - 100%
Status of Research :
About to complete the course work examination in the month of March 2014.
All the Research Scholars are actively engaged in their research activities.
Number of Supervisors: - 03
Nos. Research Scholars - 14 Nos.
Books Published by the faculty :
Dr. Chandrakant Shivakeri
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s Political Philosophy by Anmol Publications, New Delhi.
- Dynamics of Indian Politics and Government, A K. Publishers, New Delhi.
- Essays in Constitutional Governance in India, A K. Publishers, New Delhi
- Issues and Problems in Indian Politics, A K. Publishers, New Delhi
- Encyclopedia of Indian Constitution and Government A K. Publishers, New Delhi (Set of Two Volumes)
- Dynamics of Indian Adminstration, A K. Publishers, New Delhi
- Public Administration, A K. Publishers, New Delhi
Dr. Y. S. Baalvantgol
- China state pattern of Economics development and ecological crisis
- Impact of population transfer, militarization on south asia.
- India & East
- Roots of Unsustainable development
- Strategic importance of HimalayanRegion
- Development project and trans nationals
- Chines strategic development: its Implications
- The Relational Theory of the State
- The mind : The Matter( Genesis of political Thought)
- Public Administration”, Published by Global Publications, Bangalore.
- Western Political Thought”, Published by Global Publications, Bangalore.
- Political Theories”, Co-author with Prof.S.K.Kabburi, Published by Global Publications, Bangalore.
- Personnel Administration”, Co-author with Prof.S.K.Kabburi, Published by Global Publications, Bangalore.
- Environmental Studies and Human Rights”, Co-author with Prof.Roopavali.R.Sakri, Published by Thakur Publishers, Bangaluru.
- Human Rights and Police Administration”, Concept Publication, New Delhi.
- A Book on Human Rights (in Kannada) Gayatri Publication, Ballery.
Dr. Prakash Kattimani
- Manava Hakkugalu mattu Mahiti Hakku Adiniyam – Aakarsh Prakashan, Gadag.
- Bharatiya Shikshana Mattu Sanskruti - Aakarsh Prakashan, Gadag.
Academic activities: Special lectures arranged from the department by inviting eminent professors from reputed University/Institute.
- Emerging Trends in India: Electoral Politics” by Prof. Sandeep Shastri, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Jain University, Bangalore on 13th Sept. 2013.
- Value Based Education” by Prof. Budeppa K., Professor, Dept. of Sociology, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi on 5th Sept. 2013.
- Swami Vivekanand’s Political Philosophy” by Prof. G. B. Nanda, Former Registrar and Professor, Dept. of Political Science, KUD.
- Research Methodology” by Prof. Harish Ramaswamy, Professor of Political Science, KUD.
- Federal System in India” by Prof. M. G. Khan, Professor of Political Science, KUD.
- Co-elation Politics in Karnataka” by Prof. (Smt.) Hemalata Jayaraj, Tumkur University, Tumkur.
Students visited Suvarna Vidhan Soudha Belgaum to observe the Winter Session on 2nd Dec. 2013.
Organized Voting Awareness Programme by P.G. Students to villagers near by RCU campus.
Future Plans :
The faculty and students of the Department of Political Science is committed to academic freedom, equal access to education and collegial self-governance. Our aim is to enable our diverse student body to become successful and influential professionals’ in the future social, political and academic life. Apart from offering four semesters Master Degree Program and a Doctoral Program in Political Science, we wish to add couple of certificate and diploma programs in the areas of Human Rights and Public Administration that help students in their day to day life. The Department of Political Science in the future hopes to provide a comprehensive program of instruction and research in the fundamental areas of the discipline like the: political institutions and processes; political philosophy; social theory; political economy; necessary for understanding politics and debates about it. We propose to work to enhance the cognitive skills of our students to impart and include the different methods of analysis and critical thinking in order to face the challenges contemporary political communities.