Rani Channamma University has been established in the year 2010 by the Government of Karnataka by effecting an amendment to Karnataka State Universities’ Act 2000 by upgrading the erstwhile Karnatak University Kittur Rani Channamma Post Graduate Centre at Belagavi, which was functioning under the aegis of Karnatak University, Dharwad since 1982. The university in tune with the changing globalised needs of its stakeholders aims to groom the youth to develop into energized personalities with noble values and nurture them into national assets so as to propel India to the ranks of a developed nation.
Vision : “Indentifying the hidden abilities and talents to reach the global arena through RCU gymkhana”
To create sensation of presence of Gymkhana as one of the important destination in extracurricular activities;
To provide a right podium to excel in sports and Cultural activates;
To provide exclusive attentions for potential students and to lead them to the next stages of explorations with right professional bodies;
To provide coaching facilities and organize sports competitions and tournaments between at different levels of University colleges and gymkhanas.
• The RCU Gymkhana along with its infrastructure is an organization to foster and develop all student activities in the University;
• It aims at promoting and developing organizational abilities in students;
• It has been successful over the years in evolving a well-informed, articulate and participatory student community life;
• It has been instrumental in identifying student issues and promoting discussion on them;
• It functions as the office for all election and nominations of students for gymkhana activities.