“The Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell” of Rani Channamma University, Belagavi is committed to play a crucial role in training the different need based skills and locating the suitable job opportunities for passing out students by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments. The Placement Cell operates round the year to establish contacts between companies and passing out students. The placement cell is also seriously planned to train the students in cognitive and general aptitudes to make them capable to appear all sorts of competitive exams.
The Placement Cell also identifies the curiosity of the students and organizes career guidance programmes from the first year itself. The cell arranges different activities and training programmes throughout the year like Mock Interviews, Group Discussions, Communication Skills Workshop etc and it also organizes Public Sector Exam Training for students who are interested to join Government Sectors. It also invites HR Managers from different industries and corporate companies to conduct training programmes for final year students.
“The Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell” is always in forefront to guide young minds to enhance the competitive skills to meet out the present requirement of Jobs and employability in various Government, Semi-Government, Public and Private Sector companies including Industries and corporate expectations. This helps not only in individual growth as well as it helps in nation building at large.
The cell is committed to train the students by conducting numerous Skill Training Programs, Career Guidance, Workshops, Seminars, Industry Interactions, Personality Development, Cognitive and Communication skills to face the written exams and interviews.
The goal of “The Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell” is to provide maximum placements of the students, in their related and allied fields of Government, Semi-Government, Private and Public Sector Companies, MNC Companies in India and abroad. To encourage the students to participate in various campus recruitment drives within and outside the campus. The Students also encourage and motivated to be the Entrepreneurs with some Start-up Ideas to start new businesses as Job-Creators than Job Seekers.
• To train and develop the students to meet-out the demand of corporate and Industries recruitment.
• To encourage and motivate the students to develop talent in Technical knowledge, Communication and Soft Skills in-terms of career planning.
• To encourage and motivate the students aspire for higher goal settings and guiding them to take competitive exams such as UPSC, KPSC and Banking Exams etc.
• Aiming to Place the maximum number of students through campus and off-campus interviews conducted by the top companies.
• To establish linkage with District Employment Exchange, District Skill Development Office Belagavi, CEDOK, Dharwad, Azim Premji Foundation, Bengaluru, Deshpande Foundation, Hubli etc., to enable students to explore various job opportunities in Government Sector.
Prof. R N Mangoli
Smt. Farzana Shipai
Data Entry Operator
“The Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell” has been taken lot of activities since the inception of University Placement Cell on 13th November 2019. “The Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell” offers guidance to students regarding different path ways and other career opportunities. Under the “Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell”, the series of following activities have been taken place for the placements of our University students:
1. Hiremee Association Assessment Test was conducted on 25-11-2019 and 94 Students were attended.
2. Rural Skill Development Institute (RSDI) session was held on 11-02-2020. 47 Students were attended.
3. Mega Job Fair at Angadi Institute of Management, Savgaon, Belagavi was held on 17-02-2020.
4. UdyogaMela from District Administration, Belagavi & Vijayapur Districts held on 28-29 February 2020. 46 Students were attended and submitted their Resumes.
5. Avanti Learning Centre, Hubballi, was conducted assessment test to the Mathamatics, Physics and Chemistry students. 62 Students were attended for the assessment test and 38 students were shortlisted. Final round selection was conducted on 19th March, 2020 and the 07 students were selected.
6. Rani Channamma University (Placement Cell) and District Exchange Office, Belagavi was jointly organized the “UDYOG MELA” on 25th Feb 2021 at Sangolli Rayanna First Grade College, Belagavi. The “UDYOG MELA” was inaugurated by Prof. M. Ramachandra Gowda, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Basavaraj Padmashali, Registrar, Shri. Gurupadayya Hiremath, Director, District Exchange Office, Belagavi, Dr. M. Jayappa, Principal, Sangolli Rayanna First Grade College, Belagavi and Prof. R.N. Mangoli, Placement Officer were present on the occasion. More than 20 Human Resource Managers from Bengaluru and 200 above students were attended.
7. Local Industrial list has been obtained on 04th March 2020 from the Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Belagavi and List of local industries collected from them. Brochure of the Placement Cell being prepared and sent to all the Industries to seek their requirements for the placements of the Students passed out from our University.
The University authorities had constituted a committee to scrutinize the performance of the various Cells under Criterion wise matrix at the time of NAAC Accreditation. The said committee under Criterion 5 has suggested that the present Placement Cell needs to be renamed as “Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell”. On 18th November, 2021 the Placement Cell has renamed as Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell.
8. SEBI NISM sponsored Workshop series on “Financial Education for young citizens” “Kona Kona Shiksha” is being organized by Career Guidance, Training & Placement Cell in association with Dr. Mahatesh Kuri who is SEBI-NISM Empanelled Resource Person. Series of workshops were carried out from 24th Jan 2022 till 22nd February, 2022 for all the department students at RCU, Belagavi. This workshop empowered the students about how to save money in different possible ways to secure their future life successfully.
9. A Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) is signed between Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi and M/s Quantum Learnings a Microsoft-GTP(Global Training Partner) and Certiport CATC having its Registered office at New Delhi on 19th May, 2022 at Rani Channamma University.
In MoU, both the parties agreed to share their resources to develop the soft skills, computer skills and placements of the students of Rani Channamma University. RCU and its affiliated colleges can also participate in free training programs and Faculty Development Programs for Teaching and non-Teaching staff.
10. “Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell”, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi has successfully circulated information on 30th June 2022 to all the Principals of affiliated colleges about the recruitment of “Agniveervayu” and display the advertisement on college notice board to encourage the needy students to join Indian Army and Airforce.
11. “Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell”, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi conducted incubation drive requested by QSpiders / JSpiders- A Unit of Test Yantra Software Solutions (I) Pvt Ltd., Bangalore at Rani Channamma University, Belagavi on 04-07-2022 and 08-07-2022. Students from Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics department have registered their names for online interview and test. 17 students cleared the aptitude, Group Discussion rounds and got selected in QSpider company with initial pay of Rs.3 lakhs to 4 lakhs p.a.
12. Series of workshop on “Financial Education for young citizens” “Kona Kona Shiksha” were organized by Career Guidance, Training & Placement Cell in association with Dr. Mahatesh Kuri who is SEBI-NISM Empanelled Resource Person. These workshops were carried out from 13th July 2022 till 26th July, 2022 for below mentioned department students at RCU, Belagavi. This workshop empowered the students about how to save money in different possible ways to secure their future life successfully. Many students successfully cracked the exam and quiz and got the certificates which help them to get suitable job
13. A One Day Workshop on ‘Preparation of Curriculum Vitae and Creation of LinkedIn profile’ was organized by Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell, RCU, Belagavi for the PG 4th semester students on 22nd July, 2022 at Rani Channamma University, Belagavi.
The workshop was carried out in two sessions by Mr. Suhas Rajput. In first session students were trained how to upload their profile in Linkedin and in second session CV preparation training was given. LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the internet.
LinkedIn is used to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills to succeed in career. Almost all final year students of all Academic departments have been participated in workshop and got the benefit of it.
14. Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell, RCU, Belagavi is also organizing examinations for recruitment of candidate at Cooperative Credit societies and generating fund to the university.
15. Series of Workshop for the students of Sangolli Rayanaa First Grade College, Belagavi is being organized by Career Guidance, Training and Placement Cell, RCU, Belagavi in association with Dr. Mahantesh Kuri who is SEBI-NISM Empanelled Resource Person. Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) is the regulatory body for Financial Securities Markets in India and National Institute of Securities Markets(NISM) is an education arm of SEBI. This workshop on Financial Securities Markets known as “Kona Kona Shiksha” aims at enhancing financial literacy level of students across India.
Valedictory function of Series of workshop on “Financial Management for Young Citizen” will be organized on 23rd February 2023 at Sangolli Rayanna First Grade Constituent College, Belagavi.Valedictory function of Series of workshop on “Financial Management for Young Citizen” will be organized on 23rd February 2023 at Sangolli Rayanna First Grade Constituent College, Belagavi.
• Establishing linkage with the potential recruiters like Corporate, MNCs, Industries etc to attract them for campus placements.
• Encouraging understudy students to go for competitive exams like UPSC, KPSC and Banking sector exams etc.
• Identifying the Entrepreneurship Leadership qualities among the students for the startup projects.
• Talent Hunt among the students and giving guidance Mock interviews to be conducted.
• Notifying the students about job opportunities and campus selections.
• To assist students for industrial training at the end of the course.
• Communicating with Alumni for available openings.
• Preparing students (How to prepare their Resume/Bio-Data along with covering letters) through some models/agencies.
• Creating suitable resources/materials (Handbook)
• Inviting IAS/IPS officers for motivational talks and guidance.
• Identifying the startup projects.
• Initiating the Financial Assistance.
• Plan of action, how to begin with different Registrations in Govt. offices.
• What are the exact requirements, raw materials, machines, capital, man power etc.
• Starting problem and trouble shooting solutions etc.
• Providing with the basic amenities of ‘Incubation Centre’ in partnership with other institutions in Belagavi
• Placement alerts through Departments and Whats App messages to Students
• Lectures/Demonstration from the various Agencies/Companies/Institutions
E-mail: email@example.com Website:www.rcub.ac.in
Placement Cell Phone :>0831-2565265
Main Building, IInd Floor,
Rani Channamma University, Belagavi
Vidyasangama, N. H-04, Belagavi-591156