The department of Library and Information Science belongs to the school of Applied Sciences. The school concept makes a good sense of interdisciplinary approach in the teaching and learning process. The school concept helps more interdepartmental collaborations within the school and sharing of resources like Laboratory, faculty expertise, and resources. The applications expertise can be used for solutions to the problems for projects in respective departments of the school.
“Bringing out LIS professionals for Information handling needs of the nation”
1. To adapt to core LIS curriculum in a changing environment;
2. To integrate ICT tools and techniques in LIS course;
3. To impart quality in LIS Education and Research;
4. To train & build LIS Professionals for addressing the Frontier Areas of Library and Information Science;
5. To train LIS professionals by organizing training/ workshops Seminars.