The Department of Business Administration is a new addition to the Rani Channamma University with its inception in the year 2011. At present PG Department of Business Administration has six affiliated colleges, spread across Belagavi and Bagalakote districts. The students’ profile is largely rural and semi urban form the districts of North Karnataka and also few from neighboring states of Maharashtra and Goa. Though initially the course was run with a set of guest faculty, the speedy efforts of our dynamic Founder Vice Chancellor Prof. B. R. Ananthan resulted in the recruitment of a team of seven qualified and competent faculty members under the chairmanship of Prof. C.M Thyagaraja, the Department has expertise of two more Prof. V. S. Chatapalli, and Prof. S. C. Patil. The Department has a blend of young talented Assistant Professors viz., Dr. Mahantesh M Kuri, Mr. Devaraju and Mr. D. Goutam. Dr. Mahantesh Kuri and Dr. Devaraju with their dedicated efforts pursued and completed the degree in Doctor of Philosophy and Mr. D Goutam awaiting for his result. The Department has intake of 60 students per year and students from rural and backward families are persuing higher education in the Department of Business Administration. The Department has adopted Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) from 2015-16 to provide better learning and outcomes to enhance employability and responsibility.
The Vision of the Department is to become an innovative learning center by developing excellent human resources with leadership qualities, ethical and moral values, innovative skills through higher education of competitive standards.
1. To empower students to become economically independent by emphasizing upon their core competency.
2. To encourage students to disseminate their acquired knowledge and skills for the benefit of industry and society.
3. To provide student centric learning environment through innovative pedagogy and modern education practices.
4. To enhance leadership qualities among youth for the holistic personality traits and promote patriotic and ethical values.
5. To carry out research activities and promote entrepreneurship among students, by developing an ecosystem with the local industries.